1. MedNailCup Inja Competition is open to students and professional nail technicians.
2. The competitions are open to those who satisfy the requirements and properly
3. As an international competition participant, the competitor must respect all rules and
manners of competition.
4. Universal and commonsensical standards will apply to other manners or rules not
specified in the MedNailCup rules.
5. A competitor will be disqualified if they intentionally or recklessly apply to a lower
division than the actual division they belong in.
6. A competitor will be disqualified and banned from all future INJA and Nailympion
competitions if they are caught cheating at the time of any of the competitions.
7. Competitors must specify the division they are entering when the application form is
completed. Once the competitor has registered they cannot change divisions
without the permision of the head judge.
8. The competitor must enter the highest division they qualify for.
9. Due to the large attendance of international competitors, INJA and MedNailCup
won’t be responsible for verifying that each competitor enters into the correct division.
10. INJA and MedNailCup reserve the right to refuse entry to any competitor.
11. There are no refunds of competition fees
12. Competition fees are non-transferable.
13. All photos and videos taken by INJA and MedNailCup personnel or hired
contractors are the sole property of INJA and MedNailCup to be used in
whatever fashion deemed appropriate by the MedNailCup without compensation
to the competitors and models.
14. Competitors must use a live model and arrange for the model themselves.
15. Competitor and Models must be at least 18 years old for divisions 1,2 & 3.
16. MedNailCup is not responsible for any competitor not adhering to or
understanding all of the rules.
17. There is no smoking, drinking alcohol or eating allowed on the competition floor.
18. No mobile phones, tablets or computers of any kind on the competition floor during
the competition for both the competitor and the model. Apple iWatch and Samsung
Watches are not allowed either.
19. Communication with competitors while competitions are going on will not be allowed.
20. Competitors may not be on the competition floor until the floor is open for set up. If
the competitor is competing in the following competition, you may leave your table set
up but must clear the floor until the floor judge opens it up for the next competitions
21. Competitors not understanding English or the language of the hosting country must
provide their own translator.
22. Translators must read over the rules with the competitor prior to the competition
briefing to assure the competitor understands all of the rules.
23. The translator must be present during the competition briefing and stay just outside
the competition floor in a designated area during the competition in case they are
needed for communication with the competitor.
24. INJA and the organization of the competition are not responsible if the competitor
does not comply or does not understand all the rules.
25. Only competitors and models are allowed to enter into the competition floor.
However, translators are allowed to enter the competition floor when the
communication with the competitors is necessary and also during the briefing.
26. Each competition will have a briefing 15 minutes prior to the start of the competition.
27. All competitors and models must be present for the briefing.
28. Once the briefing of a competition begins, the competitor may not touch the models
nails until the competition begins. If anyone or any competitor touches the models’
nails after the briefing and before the competition begins, there will be a 5-point
deduction from their final score.
29. The floor judge will check the models’ nails after the briefing to certify no application
has been done prior to the start of the competition.
30. Competitors are allowed to prepare the natural nail prior to the competition. But
absolutely no application work of any kind until the competition officially begins.
31. If it is decided by the floor head floor judge that application work has been done on
the model prior to competition, the competitor will receive a 5-point deduction to their
32. Competitors are allowed to set up table, products and supplies during the competition
33. Competitors or models may not go into their kits once the competition has started.
34. All products being used during the competition must be clearly labeled. Hand written
labels are acceptable.
35. Competitors must bring all of the necessary electrical supplies, including UV/LED
lamps, extension cords, adapters, electric files and table lights.
36. Each competitor will be provided one electrical outlet.
37. Competitors must provide their own products.
38. Strictly no molds may be used in any competition.
39. Once the allowed time is up the competitors must stop working immediately and put
their hands up. The model must stand up and get in line for judging immediately.
40. Competitors caught touching their models hands after the time has been called will
receive a 10-point deduction to their final score.
41. Models that have any tattoos on the lower arms or anywhere on their hands must
adhere to the rule of having them covered by an official prior to judging.
42. Models may not wear any jewelry on their hands or wrists.
43. When instructed, competitors are responsible for getting their model to the judging
arena and making certain the model understands that they must be judged by all of
the judges before leaving the competition arena.
44. Models must not leave the judging area until they have been completely judged.
45. Any model leaving the judging arena prior to being completely judged will be
46. Any competitor not abiding by these rules will take whatever point deduction is
allowed in the rules. For any rules not specifying a point deduction, there will be one
warning. The second infringement will be penalized by a 5-point deduction and the
third infringement will be cause for disqualification of the competition.
47. In the event of a tie or of any disputes to the scoring places first through ten, the head
judge will make the decision.
48. The head judge’s decisions are final.
49. Score sheets will be made available for all competitors.
50. In the event that a competition only has 4 competitors, only 1st place trophy will be
51. The competition must have a minimum of 3 competitors in it. If less than 3
competitors have entered, the competitor may choose to enter into a division in the
next higher division or choose to pull out of it and get a refund on the competition
52. In the competition area, the use of any type of device or heat source that is used
directly on the model during the application or curing process is prohibited. (E.g.
lighters, hair straighteners, dryers or similar).
53. The competitor is allowed to bring a cart or similar that he can be used as an
additional table to put products when needed as sometimes the tables provided are
54. The competitor is allowed to put all the necessary products in an open box placed on
top of the suitcase.
55. The model can’t be touched when is in line waiting to be judged.
56. Once the briefing begins the hands of the models must be on the table and the
competitors’ in their lap, under the table.
57. The competitor must have enough models for all the competitions he’s participating.
58. There will be no extra time during the competition for remove the nails from the